Top 5 Reasons Autumn is the Best. Ever.
- The Weather – After a hellishly hot summer, the crisp fall weather is definitely refreshing. All you need to wear is a good pair of jeans and a comfy hoodie and you’re golden!
- The Food – Apples, pears, cranberries, mushrooms, squash, plums, pomegranates, spinach — there are so many good fruits and veggies in season right now! I’m most excited about pumpkins and all of the “pumpkin spice” flavored specials.
- The Holidays – The two best days of the year for a fattie like me have got to be Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love these holidays the same way most people love Christmas (also a good day, but a little too cloying for my tastes.) They take me back to my childhood, let me spend quality time with my family and friends, and give me an excuse to gorge myself on candy and starches while calling it “patriotic.”
- The TV – Fall marks the start of the regular television season, and while I’m always glad for new episodes of my returning favorites, I really get excited about checking out new pilots. So far this year, I’ve added 3 new shows to my “must-watch line-up” – NBC’s Up All Night, FOX’s New Girl and The CW’s The Secret Circle (what? I’m allowed to
watchobsess over paranormal teen melodramas, aren’t I?)
- My Hair – Not too frizzy from humidity, not too dry from cold, and a little bit redder than the rest of the year. It just looks really awesome.
So yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, I’m totally stoked about October! Autumn seems to be the most underrated season of the year, but it’s always been my favorite. Winter, spring and summer can suck it.