- THE MUPPETS! I saw the movie on Wednesday night with Becky, Ashley and Kristen and it was amazing. I laughed! I cried! I had other emotional reactions! It was awesome seeing all the characters I grew up with back in the game, and I instantly fell in love with Walter, the new Muppet! Everything about the movie was perfect – the jokes, the songs, the cameos, all of it was awesome! I’d love to see it nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards this year, and maybe – just maybe – win a statuette or two…
- That said, Hugo looks fucking fantastic, and I can’t wait to see it.
- My jeans are tighter today than they’ve been in weeks.
- But then, so’s my bra…
- You guys watch Weirdo or listen to Camp yet? If not, do it now. Donald Glover’s pretty much my soulmate.
- The neighbors across the street have a bunch of those huge inflatable Christmas decorations on their lawn. One is a Nativity scene. I silently judge them. I’m a bad person.
- Most happy Christmas songs make me wanna tear my eyes out with the good silverware, but I love a lot of the sad ones, like “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” and “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.” Does that say anything about me as a person?
- I decided I’m gonna start following college basketball. I’m gonna be a North Carolina fan, because they have argyle on their uniforms and I totally dig it. That seems like a solid reason to root for a team.
- Delaney met Santa at the mall today. Adorable quota for the year: met.
This Thanksgiving, I wanted to make some substantial contributions to dinner. I’m not much of a domestic, but since I’ve been so interested in food recently, I thought the holiday was a great opportunity to try out a couple of recipes. These are the recipes I tried:
- Apricot Cinnamon Almond Hummus from Peas and Thank You
- Applesauce Nut Bread from Skinnytaste
- Cranberry Pear Sauce from Skinnytaste
I actually rather liked my “Random” post last week. So I did it again! This might become a regular weekly thing.
- On Sunday, the family had a pumpkin carving party. Caitlin and Josh came with Delaney, and Annie even drove up from Maryland! I’ve never actually carved a pumpkin before – I lack the patience to scoop out the guts, and also I’m not really to be trusted with blades, so I always draw a face with markers instead. But this year I gave it a shot and carved a little owl dude! I think he came out pretty cute.
- The party was costume-optional. My parents and my aunt and uncle all dressed up. It was bizarre.
- I went trick-or-treating with Delaney. Y’all even more jealous.
- Started a Pinterest account and now I’m obsessed. Seriously, I’ve gone insane (or should I say PINsane! Hahaha! …Please tell me I’m funny.)
- If Pinterest doesn’t wreck me, Ryan Gosling just might. This article about him is full of truth (except it neglects to mention that he was in an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, which somehow makes him even hotter.) He’s almost the most perfect being in the universe. Except Hugh Jackman still exists, so sorry, Ryan.
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries… REALLY? Like, obviously. Of course. Inevitable. But still. You couldn’t stick it out through 3 months and at least pretend you aren’t complete assholes?
- Thursday nights are simultaneously the greatest ever and the worst ever right now. How am I supposed to choose between The Vampire Diaries and Community + Parks and Rec every week? At least nothing touches Sunny.
- Wednesday nights, on the other hand, work out just perfectly. Up All Night at 8, Suburgatory at 8:30, Modern Family at 9, half-hour break (optimal for showering,) South Park at 10. Take notes, Thursday.
- The trailer for ParaNorman was released this week. Nothing short of amazing.
Our last full day in WDW started with Kenny leaving us for a golfing trip to Myrtle Beach with some buddies. After his ride to the airport picked him up, Mom, Sue and I hopped on a bus to Animal Kingdom and snagged Fast Passes for Everest. But by the time we got there, the ride had broken down and a car full of riders was stuck at the top of the hill. We didn’t think too much of it; Disney’s pretty good at fixing those kinds of problems in a timely manner, so we thought the train would be running again by the time we returned.
In the meantime, we decided to hit up Dinosaur and do some shopping in the Dinoland USA. But when we went back to the Asia part of the park, the train was still stuck (but all the people were gone …because they were MASSACRED BY THE YETI! Just kidding – they were safely evacuated. Or were they? *Dun dun DUN.*)
Sunday evening, I went back to the Magic Kingdom with the rest of the family for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Once again, the place was filled to the brim with people, but at least the crowds were thinning a bit as people who didn’t purchase tickets to the party were beginning to leave.
There were a lot of kids dressed up that night, but none of them held a candle to Laney in her Cave Girl costume.
Animal Kingdom opened early on Friday morning, so we made plans to be ready to head out by 7. We arrived a little bit after they started letting resort guests in, but already it was PACKED. My parents, Caitlin and Josh wanted to buy a new outfit for Laney at one of the stores so they handed their park passes to the rest of us so we could snag some Fast Passes for Expedition Everest. We reconvened at a food stand for coffee and a short break before our Fast Pass time came up.
Thursday morning, Aunt Sue, Uncle Kenny, Kelly, Steve and I were headed for the airport at 4 am. It was ungodly early, but strong coffee and a breakfast parfait helped perk me up. Everything went smoothly, from security to boarding to the flight itself. I picked up a copy of Entertainment Weekly’s Reunions issue – so glad I did, because I didn’t know they had Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino do a Romy & Michele photo shoot! I also loved the articles on The Princess Bride, Office Space and Home Improvement. Perfect in-flight reading material.
So there have been 0 blog updates for 3 weeks. There have also been 0 blog readers for 4 weeks, so at least I haven’t been neglecting devoted followers. (To those of you who are reading this: Hi, Immediate Family! Is it my week to clean the bathroom?)
So what’s happened since I last posted? Well…