I actually rather liked my “Random” post last week. So I did it again! This might become a regular weekly thing.
- On Sunday, the family had a pumpkin carving party. Caitlin and Josh came with Delaney, and Annie even drove up from Maryland! I’ve never actually carved a pumpkin before – I lack the patience to scoop out the guts, and also I’m not really to be trusted with blades, so I always draw a face with markers instead. But this year I gave it a shot and carved a little owl dude! I think he came out pretty cute.
- The party was costume-optional. My parents and my aunt and uncle all dressed up. It was bizarre.
- I went trick-or-treating with Delaney. Y’all even more jealous.
- Started a Pinterest account and now I’m obsessed. Seriously, I’ve gone insane (or should I say PINsane! Hahaha! …Please tell me I’m funny.)
- If Pinterest doesn’t wreck me, Ryan Gosling just might. This article about him is full of truth (except it neglects to mention that he was in an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, which somehow makes him even hotter.) He’s almost the most perfect being in the universe. Except Hugh Jackman still exists, so sorry, Ryan.
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries… REALLY? Like, obviously. Of course. Inevitable. But still. You couldn’t stick it out through 3 months and at least pretend you aren’t complete assholes?
- Thursday nights are simultaneously the greatest ever and the worst ever right now. How am I supposed to choose between The Vampire Diaries and Community + Parks and Rec every week? At least nothing touches Sunny.
- Wednesday nights, on the other hand, work out just perfectly. Up All Night at 8, Suburgatory at 8:30, Modern Family at 9, half-hour break (optimal for showering,) South Park at 10. Take notes, Thursday.
- The trailer for ParaNorman was released this week. Nothing short of amazing.
On Friday afternoon, I forewent lunch and dinner so I could instead enjoy all that EPCOT’s Food & Wine Festival had to offer with Caitlin and Kelly and their boys Josh and Steve. I’ve been really making an effort to open myself up to new and exotic foods recently, so I was excited to sample some dishes and drinks from all over the world. Unfortunately I didn’t get to try everything, but I still made out extremely well.
The first stand we hit was Australia. I got Penfolds Cabernet Sauvignon and Shrimp on the Barbie with a Citrus Glaze. I’m not a big shrimp fan, but it was delicious with the glaze. I’d order a full entrée portion. The Cab Sauv was fabulous and I almost got a second sample before deciding to save my money. I also tried a bite of the Grilled Lamb Chop Josh ordered – I’ve never tried lamb before and wasn’t expecting to like it, but I didn’t hate it. It was very tender and not as gross as I find most red meat.
So there have been 0 blog updates for 3 weeks. There have also been 0 blog readers for 4 weeks, so at least I haven’t been neglecting devoted followers. (To those of you who are reading this: Hi, Immediate Family! Is it my week to clean the bathroom?)
So what’s happened since I last posted? Well…