I seriously suck at blogging. I thought doing the Random Saturday thing would at least keep me updating on a semi-regular basis, but I just didn’t feel like it this weekend. Whatever, I feel like it now. Random Monday, suckaz!
- The best thing about this time of year is all the fun, limited-edition holiday treats! My favorite thus far is Starbucks’ Peppermint Mocha. It perfectly combines the beautiful, rich flavors of mint and chocolate into one happy cup. And if you order the tall size skinny-style, it’s only a hundred calories and still tastes like Heaven on Earth.
- The worst thing about this time of year is that all the good TV shows are going on their winter hiatus. Only one more new episode of It’s Always Sunny left, and last week saw the last of Up All Night, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, and Grimm until 2012. I’ve managed to survive without The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle for a few weeks now, but dear Lord, I don’t think I can handle all my shows disappearing! And that’s not even mentioning Community‘s extended hiatus and possible cancellation. LIFE HAS NO MEANING.
- Speaking of It’s Always Sunny, hahahahahaRonaldMcDonaldhahahahaha!
- According to this Consumer Reports survey, people find “having to be nice” to be the tenth most stressful thing about the holidays. Clearly I did not take this survey, as that would be my Number One. Everything else on the list is stuff I really, really hate as well. Except parties, because I never get invited to any.
- Weighed myself the other day. Have gained a substantial amount of weight since pre-surgery days. Am not happy about such developments.
- Might have something to do with my discovering the wonders of all the self-serve fro yo joints scattered around Philadelphia. But frozen yogurt has, like, essential nutrients. So I should eat one at least once a day.
- Might also have something to do with my skipping work-outs on the weekends. But I’m far too busy reading snarky Sweet Valley High recapsand napping to even consider fitness. And, you know, muscle-recovery days, don’t wanna over-train, yadda yadda yadda…
- Friday night I hung out with Becky and Ryan! It was fun because I haven’t seen Ryan in about eleventy billion years, and we went to Friendly’s for ice cream (that peanut butter lava cake sundae so has nothing to do with my weight-gain) then drove around for a while just playing catch-up. Both of them read the blog, so wassup?
- Saw Hugo with Becky on Saturday morning. It was pretty amazing, but nothing like what the trailers would have you believe. It had lots of stuff for film nerds to fangasm over, especially those of us with an affinity for silent films. Put this down as yet another Scorsese masterpiece. (Honestly, is there any better director currently working in Hollywood? If you say “yes,” you’re a lying-pants’d liar. Get over your sick delusions.)
I actually rather liked my “Random” post last week. So I did it again! This might become a regular weekly thing.
- On Sunday, the family had a pumpkin carving party. Caitlin and Josh came with Delaney, and Annie even drove up from Maryland! I’ve never actually carved a pumpkin before – I lack the patience to scoop out the guts, and also I’m not really to be trusted with blades, so I always draw a face with markers instead. But this year I gave it a shot and carved a little owl dude! I think he came out pretty cute.
- The party was costume-optional. My parents and my aunt and uncle all dressed up. It was bizarre.
- I went trick-or-treating with Delaney. Y’all even more jealous.
- Started a Pinterest account and now I’m obsessed. Seriously, I’ve gone insane (or should I say PINsane! Hahaha! …Please tell me I’m funny.)
- If Pinterest doesn’t wreck me, Ryan Gosling just might. This article about him is full of truth (except it neglects to mention that he was in an episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark?, which somehow makes him even hotter.) He’s almost the most perfect being in the universe. Except Hugh Jackman still exists, so sorry, Ryan.
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries… REALLY? Like, obviously. Of course. Inevitable. But still. You couldn’t stick it out through 3 months and at least pretend you aren’t complete assholes?
- Thursday nights are simultaneously the greatest ever and the worst ever right now. How am I supposed to choose between The Vampire Diaries and Community + Parks and Rec every week? At least nothing touches Sunny.
- Wednesday nights, on the other hand, work out just perfectly. Up All Night at 8, Suburgatory at 8:30, Modern Family at 9, half-hour break (optimal for showering,) South Park at 10. Take notes, Thursday.
- The trailer for ParaNorman was released this week. Nothing short of amazing.
How young is too young to start lying about your age? “I’m 22” just sounds so much better than “I’m 23.”
So yeah, today’s my birthday. I’m excited to celebrate in a low-key way. Chinese take-out for dinner and then going to see The Help with my mom, aunt & sisters. I just finished the novel 2 weeks ago and loved it – I expected a lot of fluffy melodrama, but it was frank and poignant. Definitely worth the read. Plus Kathryn Stockett’s a Phi Mu! Lion pride!
Tomorrow night I’m going to Buffalo Wild Wings with a couple of friends. Between work, editing, shooting a music video, exercising and cleaning out my room, I don’t do anything in my spare time but sleep. So it’ll be nice to go out and enjoy a couple beers!
Half my family was born in August and then there’s me in September, so we always do one big celebration for everyone, usually about a week before my real birthday. I already opened my gifts last Thursday – and they are all AWESOME.
From Mom and Dad, I got some super cute boots. I’m not really a shoe gal – I like looking, but I’m happy wearing Chucks or Docs. But I really wanted a good pair of riding boots for dressier outfits, and these are perfect! (Comfy, too!)
From my Aunt Sue and Uncle Kenny I got a mini-fridge!! When I do my own grocery shopping I always put my name on everything (I can’t afford to feed the scavangers) and my produce takes up a lot of space, which is annoying for everyone. Now I have my own personal fridge! I’m keeping it in the basement – very convenient because I can keep my water bottles nice and cool while exercising!
Then there’s my BIG present – a ticket to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway!!!!!!! I’ll try to deny it, but I am a musical fangirl (just very picky about my shows) and Matt Stone and Trey Parker are pretty much my biggest heroes. Mormon tickets are insanely expensive and practically impossible to get, but Mom ordered a pair months ago. My sister Annie and I are going in December, my favorite time to go to NYC! I’m stoked!
Mom’s been cleaning out the basement and sorting through all our crap. While going through some of my old boxes, look what was uncovered:
Aww, yeah! Sailor Jupiter keychain! This is totally going on my wristlet. Now I keep listening to this over and over (dare you not to dance!):