This Thanksgiving, I wanted to make some substantial contributions to dinner. I’m not much of a domestic, but since I’ve been so interested in food recently, I thought the holiday was a great opportunity to try out a couple of recipes. These are the recipes I tried:
- Apricot Cinnamon Almond Hummus from Peas and Thank You
- Applesauce Nut Bread from Skinnytaste
- Cranberry Pear Sauce from Skinnytaste
Nine random thoughts to get me through work today:
- Thursday night I ate 3 brownies, 10 mini Hersheys, and polished off the rest of the cashew butter. Last night I had 2 brownies and 5 more Hersheys. I could admit to a critical lack of impulse-control, but it’s easier to blame PMS.
- Started watching Wilfred this morning. How did I wait this long?
- Today was McDaniel’s homecoming. I didn’t go. My to-do list is way too long right now – I don’t need to spend 3 hours driving in the rain/snow/sleet/whatever just to eat soggy hotdogs, drink cheap beer, and then drive another 3 hours in the rain/snow/sleet/whatever + dark. Also, who has homecoming on Halloween weekend? Fuck that.
- It’s snowing today. Kinda. It’s melting fast, so it’s more like an extra-chilly rainstorm mixed with a bit of sleet. Everyone’s going bat-poo insane over it, but really, it’s not a big deal. Strange for October, but after the earthquakes and hurricanes this summer, people need to calm the eff down about it.
- Why do you need to wait for an invite to join Pinterest? I wanna start noooooow!
- I need these $200 shoes. My well-being pretty much depends on it.
- Last night, Becky, Ashley and I watched Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus. Spoiler: the volcano wins.
- I came up with a brilliant Halloween costume, but there’s not enough time to put it together this year. So you’ll all just have to wait until next to see it.
- Jack-O-Lantern carving party with the family tomorrow night. I’ve been looking at some kickass photos for ideas, and decided I really hate creative/talented people.
Mom and I are the hardcore Disney World vacationers in the family (as is Annie, but she was too busy being awesome and becoming a certified firefighter to join us this year [trufax]) so we were the only ones ready for some Hollywood Studios action at 8 am Saturday morning. As soon as we were allowed entry, we raced for Tower of Terror Fast Passes then jumped in line for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Nothing wakes you up like going from zero to 60 in 2 seconds — except a shot of espresso, which I bought myself when we got off the ride.
Pro Tip: Do not ride the Tower of Terror after consuming mass amounts of caffeine.
Thursday morning, Aunt Sue, Uncle Kenny, Kelly, Steve and I were headed for the airport at 4 am. It was ungodly early, but strong coffee and a breakfast parfait helped perk me up. Everything went smoothly, from security to boarding to the flight itself. I picked up a copy of Entertainment Weekly’s Reunions issue – so glad I did, because I didn’t know they had Lisa Kudrow and Mira Sorvino do a Romy & Michele photo shoot! I also loved the articles on The Princess Bride, Office Space and Home Improvement. Perfect in-flight reading material.