- THE MUPPETS! I saw the movie on Wednesday night with Becky, Ashley and Kristen and it was amazing. I laughed! I cried! I had other emotional reactions! It was awesome seeing all the characters I grew up with back in the game, and I instantly fell in love with Walter, the new Muppet! Everything about the movie was perfect – the jokes, the songs, the cameos, all of it was awesome! I’d love to see it nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards this year, and maybe – just maybe – win a statuette or two…
- That said, Hugo looks fucking fantastic, and I can’t wait to see it.
- My jeans are tighter today than they’ve been in weeks.
- But then, so’s my bra…
- You guys watch Weirdo or listen to Camp yet? If not, do it now. Donald Glover’s pretty much my soulmate.
- The neighbors across the street have a bunch of those huge inflatable Christmas decorations on their lawn. One is a Nativity scene. I silently judge them. I’m a bad person.
- Most happy Christmas songs make me wanna tear my eyes out with the good silverware, but I love a lot of the sad ones, like “Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas” and “I’ll Be Home For Christmas.” Does that say anything about me as a person?
- I decided I’m gonna start following college basketball. I’m gonna be a North Carolina fan, because they have argyle on their uniforms and I totally dig it. That seems like a solid reason to root for a team.
- Delaney met Santa at the mall today. Adorable quota for the year: met.
This Thanksgiving, I wanted to make some substantial contributions to dinner. I’m not much of a domestic, but since I’ve been so interested in food recently, I thought the holiday was a great opportunity to try out a couple of recipes. These are the recipes I tried:
- Apricot Cinnamon Almond Hummus from Peas and Thank You
- Applesauce Nut Bread from Skinnytaste
- Cranberry Pear Sauce from Skinnytaste
Just as I was really starting to spring back from my TS flare-up and subsequent surgery, I have a major allergic reaction requiring yet another trip to the hospital and nearly culminating in anaphylactic shock. Needless to say (but I’ll say it anyway,) I am not a happy fucking camper.
In the interest of cheering myself up, this week’s Random Saturday theme is A Few of My Favorite Things. Things like…
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I’d been doing a really fantastic job of ignoring the stash in my freezer and saving it for a rainy day. Well, today there was a full-blown monsoon (figuratively speaking. It was actually a pretty nice autumn day. I’m disappointed I couldn’t enjoy it.) I’ve had three so far (four if a pack of Reese’s Pieces counts.)
- 3 Musketeers Bars. Ditto above, although I only had one. It was King Size, though.
- Homemade brownies with chocolate fudge icing. I’ve had two. One was topped with 80% dark chocolate chips. Taste buds = happy.
- Billy Crystal hosting the 2012 Academy Awards. Best. Decision. In. Oscar. History.
- Less than two weeks to Thanksgiving! Also known as the Greatest Day of the Year!
- The Philadelphia Marathon is a week away! I’ve signed up to volunteer at the Expo, the kids’ race, and the Marathon itself. Figured it would be kinda fun and inspiring to see all these crazy awesome athletes, and maybe I might make a couple new friends. I need a social life…
- After trying to resist the hype for over a year, I’ve officially decided to start watching The Walking Dead. You win this one, World of Pop Culture.
- I’m almost done reading Wuthering Heights and the last Princess Diaries novel (I like reading two books at once – switching between them actually helps my focus. Plus, I like reading one in print and the other on my Nook.) Loving both right now, but I’m really excited about the next one on my To-Read list — God, No!: Signs You May Already Be an Atheist and Other Magical Tales by Penn Jillette. I just need to think of another book to read alongside it. I was thinking something Austen, especially hot on the heels of Wuthering Heights – Northanger Abbey, mayhaps? Should I go with another non-fiction and get Mornings on Horseback? Or should I just give in to geek-peer-pressure and read Good Omens already? Decisions…
- Hot guys. Baby animals.
Well, I’m done for the night. Feeling totally wiped out from the suckiness that was this past week, so I think I’ll go grab a Snickers bar and tuck in for bed.
- The Weather – After a hellishly hot summer, the crisp fall weather is definitely refreshing. All you need to wear is a good pair of jeans and a comfy hoodie and you’re golden!
- The Food – Apples, pears, cranberries, mushrooms, squash, plums, pomegranates, spinach — there are so many good fruits and veggies in season right now! I’m most excited about pumpkins and all of the “pumpkin spice” flavored specials.
- The Holidays – The two best days of the year for a fattie like me have got to be Halloween and Thanksgiving. I love these holidays the same way most people love Christmas (also a good day, but a little too cloying for my tastes.) They take me back to my childhood, let me spend quality time with my family and friends, and give me an excuse to gorge myself on candy and starches while calling it “patriotic.”
- The TV – Fall marks the start of the regular television season, and while I’m always glad for new episodes of my returning favorites, I really get excited about checking out new pilots. So far this year, I’ve added 3 new shows to my “must-watch line-up” – NBC’s Up All Night, FOX’s New Girl and The CW’s The Secret Circle (what? I’m allowed to
watchobsess over paranormal teen melodramas, aren’t I?)
- My Hair – Not too frizzy from humidity, not too dry from cold, and a little bit redder than the rest of the year. It just looks really awesome.
So yeah, in case you couldn’t tell, I’m totally stoked about October! Autumn seems to be the most underrated season of the year, but it’s always been my favorite. Winter, spring and summer can suck it.