I seriously suck at blogging. I thought doing the Random Saturday thing would at least keep me updating on a semi-regular basis, but I just didn’t feel like it this weekend. Whatever, I feel like it now. Random Monday, suckaz!
- The best thing about this time of year is all the fun, limited-edition holiday treats! My favorite thus far is Starbucks’ Peppermint Mocha. It perfectly combines the beautiful, rich flavors of mint and chocolate into one happy cup. And if you order the tall size skinny-style, it’s only a hundred calories and still tastes like Heaven on Earth.
- The worst thing about this time of year is that all the good TV shows are going on their winter hiatus. Only one more new episode of It’s Always Sunny left, and last week saw the last of Up All Night, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Parks and Rec, and Grimm until 2012. I’ve managed to survive without The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle for a few weeks now, but dear Lord, I don’t think I can handle all my shows disappearing! And that’s not even mentioning Community‘s extended hiatus and possible cancellation. LIFE HAS NO MEANING.
- Speaking of It’s Always Sunny, hahahahahaRonaldMcDonaldhahahahaha!
- According to this Consumer Reports survey, people find “having to be nice” to be the tenth most stressful thing about the holidays. Clearly I did not take this survey, as that would be my Number One. Everything else on the list is stuff I really, really hate as well. Except parties, because I never get invited to any.
- Weighed myself the other day. Have gained a substantial amount of weight since pre-surgery days. Am not happy about such developments.
- Might have something to do with my discovering the wonders of all the self-serve fro yo joints scattered around Philadelphia. But frozen yogurt has, like, essential nutrients. So I should eat one at least once a day.
- Might also have something to do with my skipping work-outs on the weekends. But I’m far too busy reading snarky Sweet Valley High recapsand napping to even consider fitness. And, you know, muscle-recovery days, don’t wanna over-train, yadda yadda yadda…
- Friday night I hung out with Becky and Ryan! It was fun because I haven’t seen Ryan in about eleventy billion years, and we went to Friendly’s for ice cream (that peanut butter lava cake sundae so has nothing to do with my weight-gain) then drove around for a while just playing catch-up. Both of them read the blog, so wassup?
- Saw Hugo with Becky on Saturday morning. It was pretty amazing, but nothing like what the trailers would have you believe. It had lots of stuff for film nerds to fangasm over, especially those of us with an affinity for silent films. Put this down as yet another Scorsese masterpiece. (Honestly, is there any better director currently working in Hollywood? If you say “yes,” you’re a lying-pants’d liar. Get over your sick delusions.)
Remember how excited I was to start the 3 disc of Metamorphosis? Yeah, after yesterday’s workout, I kind of dread ever going back. Each new strength cycle always feels harder than the previous one, but this one nearly killed me. I sucked it up and did it again today and it was (a little, itty bit) easier, but I’ll take a break from Tracy this weekend, then get a fresh start on Monday.
Mom and Dad are going to Gettysburg for the weekend with Aunt Sue and Uncle Kenny. Obviously I’d use the opportunity to throw a raging kegger with 173 of my closest friends, but I’m dog-sitting for Sue and Kenny instead (it’s a sweet gig – they have the two sweetest dogs in the history of everything forever. Also: they pay me in bagels.)
This Thursday, I’m flying to Orlando for vacation with my family – we’re going to Walt Disney World! We’re kind of boring when it comes to vacations. We always go on either a Carnival cruise (which I do not enjoy so much, ever since I got seasick on my first one) or we head to WDW. We’ve been there enough times to know that October is the best time of year to go. EPCOT hosts an annual International Food and Wine Festival and the Magic Kingdom throws Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, both events we’re attending and I’m super stoked for. Read the rest of this entry
So there have been 0 blog updates for 3 weeks. There have also been 0 blog readers for 4 weeks, so at least I haven’t been neglecting devoted followers. (To those of you who are reading this: Hi, Immediate Family! Is it my week to clean the bathroom?)
So what’s happened since I last posted? Well…